Colonial Life Career Agent Core Benefits
AIP Membership Eligibility
To qualify for AIP membership, an agent must have at least one case with at a minimum of $2,500 in new account sales, or a minimum inception-to-date total net sales credits of 10,000. Either of these targets must be met in the agent's first 52 weeks of appointment with Colonial Life. Once your goal has been met, AIP will be notified by Colonial Life of your active membership status.
These Colonial Life Core Benefits Are Exclusively for Career Agents*.
New agents after reaching your qualifying sales goal* with Colonial Life can...
- Purchase a total up to $140,000 guarantee issue additional life insurance coverage for themselves
- Purchase $50,000 up to $150,000 of AD&D coverage for themselves or their family
- Purchase guarantee issue life insurance coverage for spouse and children
*To qualify for AIP membership, an agent must have at least one case with at a minimum of $2,500 in new account sales, or a minimum inception-to-date total net sales credits of 10,000. Either of these targets must be met in the agent's first 52 weeks of appointment with Colonial Life. Once your goal has been met, AIP will be notified by Colonial Life of your active membership status.
During the annual enrollment period (May 1, 2019 - May 31, 2019)
- Agents with a current optional life insurance policy through AIP will be given the opportunity to increase their coverage amount on a guarantee issue basis up to a maximum of $140,000.
- Agents without a current optional life insurance policy through AIP may purchase up to $90,000 through simplified underwriting. Spouse may get up to half of the agent coverage through simplified underwriting.
Group Term Life – Base CoverageView Policy Application For Agents With Life Policy Application For Agents Without Life Policy
Please complete applicable form and fax or mail to:
8430 Enterprise Circle, Ste 200
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
Fax: (800) 411-4771
Through this group plan Colonial Life provides their representatives with a base coverage of $10,000. Coverage available for Representatives, Spouses and Children.
During the first 30 days after reaching your qualifying sales goal with Colonial Life, Representatives may purchase, on a guarantee issue basis, a total of $140,000 of life coverage for themselves and up to $25,000 of life coverage for their spouse. Coverage for dependent children is also available up to $10,000.
If this voluntary life Benefit is Elected during the new agent's annual AIP open enrollment period, they will be given the opportunity to increase their coverage amount on a guarantee issue basis up to a maximum of $140,000.
Simplified group underwriting to $140,000 is available to members who have reached qualifying sales goals during AIP's open enrollment period.
- Low AIP Group Rates
- 1 Rate Class
- Accelerated Benefits
- Life Insurance Conversion Privilege
- Unum Security Account
- Completely Convertible
- Integrated Premium Waiver claims processing when sold with AIP/Unum LTD
NOTE: If someone first becomes eligible for AIP benefits when they are age 70 (or above), they can sign up through Underwriting, not Guarantee Issue.
AD&D BenefitView Policy Application
No one wants to think about the possibility of having a life-threatening accident, but the fact is, accidents are the fifth leading cause of death*. Although most of us believe such tragedies could never happen to us, we can't deny there are many "what ifs" to contemplate. (*National Vital Statistics Report, Volume 58, Number 19, May 19, 2012) Accidents can cause serious financial problems for survivors who still have mortgages, loans and education costs to pay. That's why your employer has made voluntary accident coverage available to you at an affordable rate.
- The insurance plan provides coverage 24 hours a day—worldwide—on and off the job and while traveling for business or pleasure.
- The insurance applies to accidental loss of life, dismemberment or bodily injury (except as limited by the exclusions).
- No medical/physical examination is required.
- Because it's a group plan, the rate for coverage is substantially lower than the cost of similar insurance you might purchase individually.
Plan Benefits, Amounts, Options and Costs
- Eligible members may select a principal sum amounts in multiples of $50,000 subject to a minimum of $50,000 and a maximum of $500,000, or 10 times Colonial Life income.
- Plan I: Member Only – Covers the member for the principal sum amount selected.
- Plan II: Member & Family – Covers the member for the principal sum amount selected. The spouse's benefit amount is equal to 40% of the member's Benefit amount and each dependent child's benefit amount is equal to 10% of the member's benefit amount. If there are no dependent children, the spouse's benefit amount is equal to 50% of the member's benefit amount. If there is no spouse, the dependent child's benefit amount is equal to 15% of the member's benefit amount.
- Plan I – $1.50/$50,000 for Member Only
- Plan II – $2.00/$50,000 for Member & Family
Long Term Disability EligibilityView Policy
All agents licensed with Colonial Life for one complete year who generate $20,000 of new business earnings.
Colonial Life pays 60% of your Colonial Life new business earnings up to $7,500 per month
- Guarantee Issue – automatic enrollment
- Paid for by Colonial Life
- Extends to agents up to age 70
- 180-day elimination period
*Brokers are not eligible for these benefits